Thursday, February 7, 2008

Friendster Nation

Almost everyone I know has a Friendster account, even little pre-school girls has one, people as old as 65 years old uses it. The taxi driver I had a discussion with the other day has one, the security guard, the janitor, the janitress, the cashier, my professor, my ex girlfriend, my old high school friends, college buddies, officemates, probably even the "balot" vendor. It's as compulsory as mobile phones nowadays. If you don't have one get ready to be frowned on.

I wouldn't be surprised if the "magbobote" in our street corner has a Friendster account.

If you want to know how many people uses Friendster try this experiment ask your friends and strangers you meet if they have a Friendster account, you'll be surprised, more or less 50% of these people has a Friendster account if they don't they would know someone who has an account.

If you are a teacher, a college professor or lecturer in a seminar for PDOS ask your attendees to raise their hands if they have a friendster account. You will notice that a lot of the people in your crowd has a Friendster account.

I guess the power of Friendster is that it connects people, finds lost friends, lost connections and acquaintances, but also makes sweet relationships bitter.

No comments: