Sunday, March 16, 2008

Always anticipate your customer's needs

I was in the mall this morning and I wanted to buy some Gulaman for refreshment but when I was paying the lady said they don't have any change for 100 bucks.

Can you believe it, a store inside a mall doesn't have any change for 100 bucks. The lady did not even nudge or exerted any effort to ask the next store if they have change for a hundred and simply said in Filipino “wala po kaming barya sir” – “We don’t have any change for that sir…” I can’t complain because I didn’t buy anything from them. What I did was to walk away from the juice store, disappointed. I was looking for a another juice stand but I can’t find one, until finally I reached the supermarket where I was able to buy cold bottled water instead of the Gulaman I was craving for.

I did not get my gulaman, but the store lost a customer. I will not buy anything from them because they might not have change for a hundred and I will be disappointed again. I wonder how many people or should I say customers they already turned down because they don’t have any change for their paying customer's money.

If that store continues to do that they will lose more than one good customer. They should at least have loose change for a hundred bucks ready in their cash register in order to keep their paying customers.

No comments: