Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I don't have a pagemaker

Written by: Ollie Style
-
How to make dummy of your book the old fashioned way


Since I don't have a Pagemaker software I am forced to do the mock up / dummy of my book the old way where you literally cut and paste the printed pages of the book to a board or a sheet of paper.


Here are the steps that I did:

  • Encoded the chapters of the book on a word processor
  • made two columns representing one book page each and then
  • Printed the book on a laser printer [you should not print it using a ink-jet printer because it smudges and the print out is not as good as a laser print out [camera ready copy]
  • Cut the printed pages and pasted it on clean sheet of bond paper/board [which will be ready for printing on any printing duplicating machine]

I am not yet done with the dummy of the book it takes a lot of patience to finish, I am slowly fitting bits and pieces of the book when I get home from work, and it's taking forever to finish, this weekend If I don't have any distractions I will be able to finish the dummy and print the book by the end of the month, May 31 2008.

-

Enter your Email





back to the homepage >>>


Copyright - Ollie Style

No comments: